- In plain English
- In EU/US Legal language
2.1. Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
- More Information and contact
1. In plain English
1.1. What user data is required and when
BikeGremlin I/O website requires users to enter e-mail and username when posting comments.
1.2. What is the user data used for
User data is only used for the moderation of comments and data that users put on the site. Access rights to put it shortly.
From “ordinary users” that can post comments and questions, “authors” that add posts, to “administrators” who make sure it all works. In case of bad behaviour (spamming, insults etc.), an account can be blocked.
There is no other use of the user data. It is not given to any other company, nor individual.
An exception is subscribing to our Newsletter, where the given emails and names are used to create a mailing list (for sending news, info and marketing offers).
You can unsubscribe from both the website and the newsletter list at any time when all your data is removed – except the comments you had left on the site.
1.3. Data protection
User data visible (only) when posting a comment, or a post, are user name and website (if that data is provided by the user). E-mail is kept private (hidden), protected from alteration, or copying.
The site uses SSL/TLS encryption (HTTPS protocol). That is why user data can’t be intercepted while being sent from the user’s computer to the website’s server.
1.4. Google ads
By submitting a comment on BikeGremlin I/O website, one consents to the comment being publicly visible, without the right to delete and/or alter it (except with the website administrator’s approval). Given information remains the property ofBikeGremlin I/O website. Administrators are keeping the right to edit and/or delete comments if they see that as appropriate. You can post a comment anonymously – enter any “name” you like, while your email is never shown publicly.
2. In EU/US Legal language
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit (disabling certain functionality and features) Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Site preferences cookies in order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ (and my Google AdSense experiment article).
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
2.1. Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
3. More Information and contact
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: my name (relja) @ this domain (bikegremlin.com).